All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I getting "Unknown search command" on ipv6compress app

skirven
Communicator

Hi! I am trying to use the "ipv6compress" command (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4912/) on a Splunk 8.1.7.2 install, and I can see the tool tip, but when it runs, it says "Unknown search command 'ipv6compress'.". From what I can tell, the files are loaded correctly on the system.

Might someone know why this error is coming up?
Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

smurf
Communicator

Hi,

it could be permissions issue. If you need to use the command in different apps, it should have Global permissions.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

smurf
Communicator

Hi,

it could be permissions issue. If you need to use the command in different apps, it should have Global permissions.

0 Karma

skirven
Communicator

Thank you! That was it. I knew I had updated the permissions to ALL, but did not check the radio button at the bottom. That works now!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...