All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I getting "Unknown search command 'ldapsearch'." while running a search as non-admin user, but otherwise working fine?

yogeshpunia05
Explorer

I have a search that produces results for admin, but for non admin users, it is giving error:

Unknown search command 'ldapsearch'

I do not want to use root_all_objects.

thanks in advance.

jbjerke_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi yogeshpunia05

I would check the permissions on the app SA-ldapsearch which provides that command and make sure that everybody has read access.

Can you check and I will try and help further.

j

0 Karma

yogeshpunia05
Explorer

Hi
read access already provided for everyone , created new role with capability admin_all_objects and it solve purpose . but as i mentioned i can not use , admin_all_object capability .
i am getting error for other useres (non-admin)

Error :External search command 'ldapsearch' returned error code 1. Script output = " ERROR "000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C0906E8, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v1db1" "
this link is helpful upto a extent:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/189732/splunk-support-for-active-directory-why-are-non-ad.html#an...
Thanks in advance

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...