All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I getting "Splunk connectivity error: HTTP 401 -- Login failed" configuring the Splunk User Behavior Analytics (Splunk UBA) data source?

kranthi851

Hi All,
I'm getting a error in Configuring the Splunk UBA data source. Before it worked perfectly, but now all data sources status are in Processing and getting a error:

Splunk connectivity error: HTTP 401 -- Login failed
0 Karma

David
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Probably too late to help you, but for anyone else who stumbles across this... these errors are typically just as they seem -- HTTP 401 should just mean that your credentials are not valid. UBA is just a client of Splunk, so you can validate this by logging into the search head with the same credentials. If you have a UBA data source that was running and no longer does, we can also check the system logs to see if there's anything else interesting there (open a support request and voice this problem), but it should be just a matter of checking your credentials.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...