All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I getting an error with `SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB.mib' trying to convert MIB files to python modules?

kgbeck

I am trying to convert MIB files to python modules but I keep getting this error:

"smidump: module `SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB.mib' contains errors, expect flawed output"

I have tried several standard MIB files and I get the same result.
Has anyone else seem this?
Thanks,
Kevin

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Guessing here...

Perhaps your SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB.mib imports dependencies chain are not getting resolved ?

Can smidump find all the dependent mibs ? ie: look in /etc/smi.conf , are the dependencies on the path ?

Or your SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB.mib might not be in correct MIB format ?

0 Karma

kgbeck

Thank you Damien. We have written our own MIB and I got that message. That's when I tried a known MIB, the SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB and I tried to convert it in it's native directory. I've never worked with smidump before but it looks straightforward as far as what it is doing. I'm just not sure why it's failing.
Kevin

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...