All Apps and Add-ons

Why after installing the CrowdStrike App for Splunk do all of my data model searches run slow?

dflodstrom
Builder

After installing the CrowdStrike app for Splunk, version 1.0.4, any saved/scheduled/correlation search using tstats are running extremely slow.

0 Karma
1 Solution

dflodstrom
Builder

The CrowdStrike Falcon App for Splunk version 1.0.4 ships with a macro called summariesonly which translates to "summariesonly=false". Because of how configurations are merged, Splunk was using the macro from this app instead of the pre-configured macro that ships with ES. Disabling CrowdStrike's macro fixed this for me.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dflodstrom
Builder

The CrowdStrike Falcon App for Splunk version 1.0.4 ships with a macro called summariesonly which translates to "summariesonly=false". Because of how configurations are merged, Splunk was using the macro from this app instead of the pre-configured macro that ships with ES. Disabling CrowdStrike's macro fixed this for me.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...