All Apps and Add-ons

Why Dell EMC Isilon Add-on for Splunk Enterprise throwing an error?

splunker1993
Observer

we configured the EMC Isilon addon on our heavy forwarder, It is throwing the authentication error when we try to connect to any Isilon cluster node. 
We are able to connect to same Isilon cluster nodes from web UI with given user and password.

splunker1993_0-1652848521313.png

Here are the log errors we are getting

splunker1993_1-1652848621868.png

Any help here is really appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

@splunker1993 Hello, 

i ran into the similar issue and posted this question, hope the below solution helps.

https://community.splunk.com/t5/All-Apps-and-Add-ons/Dell-EMC-Isilon-App-Adding-multiple-clusters-is...

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@splunker1993 - You need to add a server certificate into your Splunk instance and set the path of the certificate file as described here.

Alternatively, you can disable the certificate check but that will communicate over an unencrypted channel.

Both options describe here in the doc:

VatsalJagani_0-1652853580955.png

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2689/#/details 

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma

splunker1993
Observer

Thanks Vatsal for the reply,

we don't have any certs configured or using from DELL EMC since api works as unsecured. we want to make addon to work without SSL encryption.
we have tried verify=False under isilonappsetup.conf which is not working and throwing same error.

Is there any solution to make it work by changing the isilon_setup.py or isilon.py?

0 Karma

Cmayfield4
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I seem to be facing the same issue with v2.7.0 of the add-on, any resolution as i tried encrypted (preferred) and unencrypted but get the same error (restarted Splunk when changing the setting). With a browser I've test credential, I can login in without issues. I am using an LDAP account so I do have to put user name with sid@domain if that matters. 

[ip address]
username=<removed>
password=<removed>
verify=True
cert_path=/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA_EMC-Isilon/local/isilon.pem
index=<removed>

and tried 

[ip address]
username=<removed>
password=<removed>
verify=False
cert_path=/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA_EMC-Isilon/local/isilon.pem
index=<removed>

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...