All Apps and Add-ons

Which Splunk Product to use for monitoring Network Devices ?

manishrawat221

Hi Everyone,

I want to monitor my Network Device and want to analyse logs, could someone help me in understanding which splunk product to dowload and how to map my devices on it

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

hagjos43
Contributor

Get the free splunk enterprise trial. Send your syslog data to splunk via your network devices.

There are quite a few apps out there depending on the flavor of network device you have. Check out apps.splunk.com to find one that might fit exactly what you need (but only do this AFTER you install splunk and start ingesting data).

View solution in original post

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you are brand new to Splunk, I highly suggest you follow the Search Tutorial to understand the basic workflow and features of the product.

The Getting Data In manual includes procedures for ingesting data from TCP and UDP ports directly and using syslog, as well as sending SNMP events.

You can also explore what apps are available for different network technologies.

hagjos43
Contributor

Get the free splunk enterprise trial. Send your syslog data to splunk via your network devices.

There are quite a few apps out there depending on the flavor of network device you have. Check out apps.splunk.com to find one that might fit exactly what you need (but only do this AFTER you install splunk and start ingesting data).

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...