All Apps and Add-ons

Which JDBC driver required to connect to DB2 database installed on IBM AS400 / IBM I-series

aashish_kumar

Hi Experts,

I am using DB Connect apps of splunk and I am able to connect to Oracle database for data input however my project requirement is to connect to DB2 database which is installed on IBM AS400 / IBM I-series.

I have tried multiple DB2 JDBC drivers but no driver is compatible for the connectivity.
Do any one of you come across such issue and found any solution for this.

Please let me know.

Thank You.
Aashish Kumar

0 Karma

johndoe23
Engager

Hi Aashish,
I know this thread is already 5 month old. However, there is a special Windows toolset called "IBM i Acess for Windons". It ships with a special Version of ODBC for IBM i. I haven't tested it in combination with splunk DB-Connect though. But I think, you should give it a try.

Cheers

0 Karma

mchang_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Did you follow the steps here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/1.1.4/DeployDBX/Installdrivers#Step_1:_Download_driver

Any error message found in jbridge.log?

0 Karma

aashish_kumar

I tried this. Actually the driver on this page is for DB2 and my requirement is for DB2/400 i.e. DB2 installed on I-series so these JDBC drivers are not compatible with DB2/400 database. I am getting error message regarding that JDBC driver.

Aashish

0 Karma

yassy
Explorer

Hello can you fixed it? I have the same problem. Please let me know

0 Karma

yassy
Explorer

hello Can you resolved it? I have the same problem
TKS

0 Karma

yassy
Explorer

hello Can you resolved it? I have the same problem
TKS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...