All Apps and Add-ons

Where is the Kalman filter in the algos file?

rosho
Communicator

Hi

I want to see the python code of the Kalman filter.
But I cannot find it in the algos folder. I can see ARIMA, ACF, PACF but not Kalman.

Where is it?

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@rosho the predict command in Splunk uses Kalman Filter. It does not support fit and apply.

If you check out the latest MLTK release it has Smart Forecasting based on State Space Forecasting algorithm which supports creation of model with fit and apply. You can check out a short video on Smart Forecasting in Machine Learning Toolkit by Splunk

Please have a look and confirm if one of them fits your needs.

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

@rosho the predict command in Splunk uses Kalman Filter. It does not support fit and apply.

If you check out the latest MLTK release it has Smart Forecasting based on State Space Forecasting algorithm which supports creation of model with fit and apply. You can check out a short video on Smart Forecasting in Machine Learning Toolkit by Splunk

Please have a look and confirm if one of them fits your needs.

rosho
Communicator

Does that mean that it cannot be modified to have other types of kalman filters (ex: Extended, unscented, Particle)?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@rosho AFAIK Kalman Filter built in Splunk is Linear. You can however, create your own implementation using MLTK Custom ML SPL API : https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MLApp/latest/API/Introduction

I would also recommend joining splunk-usergroups on slack and then post your queries in the #machinelearning channel. Documentation on joining Slack: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Community/latest/community/Chat

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...