All Apps and Add-ons

Where install Enterprise License?

fabiocaldas
Contributor

We are developing a new infra for Splunk where ours dedicated forwarders server (HF) will be their license changed to slave.

For now it ok, because we use our only indexer server as a master license server.

I already created for this new enviroment a new Indexer server and a Deployment server. My questions are:

1 - Should I install the Enterprise License on this second indexer server too?

2 - What is the correct to do on related my Deployment server? It should be a slave for a master license or should I install the Enterprise License on it too?

0 Karma
1 Solution

lukejadamec
Super Champion

You install the license on the Master license server.

If you are doing any indexing on the heavy forwarder then is would be a slave to the master.

The Deployment Server should be part of the license pool.

For more information about the Deployment Server license information see this post:

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/45607/how-to-install-dedicated-deployment-server

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

You install the license on the Master license server.

If you are doing any indexing on the heavy forwarder then is would be a slave to the master.

The Deployment Server should be part of the license pool.

For more information about the Deployment Server license information see this post:

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/45607/how-to-install-dedicated-deployment-server

0 Karma

fabiocaldas
Contributor

Thanks lukejadamec !!

0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion
0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

Only one can be the master.

fabiocaldas
Contributor

lukejadamec, when you say: "You install the license on the Master license server" my question about it is, Should I have both of my index servers as License Master, or only one of them?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...