All Apps and Add-ons

Where has the TA for alert manager gone?

cmeo
Contributor

I wanted to evaluate the Alert Manager App, but the TA it requires appears to be missing from Splunkbase.

Anyone know what's become of it?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

my2ndhead
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's inside $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/alert_manager/appserver/src/TA-alert_manager.tar.gz

View solution in original post

my2ndhead
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's inside $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/alert_manager/appserver/src/TA-alert_manager.tar.gz

jbullough
Path Finder

Thank you for this. A year later and this is still not pointed out clearly in docs. A slightly strange place to put the TA (at least to me).

0 Karma

nkpiquette
Path Finder

I haven't seen the TA on splunk base but looking at the project's github I see it in alert_manager/appserver/src, and double checking the version hosted on Splunk I see the TA located there too.

The one thing to keep in mind with the version hosted on Splunk is that it contains folders and files that start with ._ These files have caused issues for me in the past on linux installs. The github version does not contain these folders.

The project github can be found here: https://github.com/simcen/alert_manager

Hope this helps!

0 Karma

cmeo
Contributor

So it is. A mention in the docs wouldn't go astray, I reckon.

cm

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...