All Apps and Add-ons

Where do I need to configure my CA-Signed certificate to establish connectivity with AWS Kinesis Firehose?

andrewtrobec
Motivator

Hello,

I am trying to establish connectivity between AWS Kinesis Firehose and a Splunk HF using version 6.0.0 of the Splunk Add-on for AWS, and I am having trouble configuring the CA-signed certificates.

I am following this documentation, and since my HF is within AWS private cloud I am following this section that has the prerequisite for "the HEC endpoint to be terminated with a valid CA-signed SSL certificate".

I have a valid CA-signed SSL certificate but I am unsure about where I need to install it. So far I have updated server/local/web.conf with the certificates so that web UI is secure. Do I need to make any additional adjustments on the HF concerning the certificates? For example, do I need to update inputs.conf in any way to secure HTTP communication?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...