All Apps and Add-ons

Where do I configure the Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange to monitor "sourcetype= MSWindows:*:IIS"?

jbarry_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

When running setup, I get this error:

WARNING:  Search "sourcetype="MSWindows:*:IIS" | head 5" did not return any events in the last 24 hours

Where do I configure the app to monitor that sourcetype data?

0 Karma

jchampagne_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@jbarry One of the Add-Ons that needs to be deployed with the App for Exchange is "TA-Windows--Exchange-IIS". You'll find these Add-Ons in the appserver\addons folder of the App for Exchange package.

Inside the respective add-on for your OS, you'll find an inputs.conf file in the default folder. This conf file is configured to monitor the following path for IIS logs by default: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1\W3SVC1*.log"

If your IIS logs are in a different place, you can make a copy of this monitoring stanza, create a new inputs.conf file in the local folder of the app, and paste in the modified stanza here to overwrite the default settings.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...