All Apps and Add-ons

Where can I set the app context in the Incident Settings on the Alert Manager 2.0 app with Splunk 6.3?

Plotkowski
Path Finder

Hi,

Where can I set the App context in the incident settings on Alert Manager 2.0 with Splunk 6.3?

I can only see the alarms from the Search app, not from other apps like DMC. and there is no option to change the app context.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Simon
Contributor

Hi
The context doesn't need to be selected explicitly anymore. In the incident settings, alarms get listed with the following criteria from all apps whether it's sharing is app only or global:

• The Custom Alert Action is enabled
  • The alarm is not private

Can you double-check if your alarm meets the criteria above?
Thanks,
Simon

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Simon
Contributor

Hi
The context doesn't need to be selected explicitly anymore. In the incident settings, alarms get listed with the following criteria from all apps whether it's sharing is app only or global:

• The Custom Alert Action is enabled
  • The alarm is not private

Can you double-check if your alarm meets the criteria above?
Thanks,
Simon

0 Karma

Plotkowski
Path Finder

Thank you that was the problem. After upgrading we still had only the script-action under "actions" and not the custom alert action. After we enabled it in the actions the alarm showed up under incident settings.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...