All Apps and Add-ons

When using Splunk DB Connect, does dbxquery search consume license usage?

hyzhang6639
Engager

I have installed Splunk DB connect and have connected it with a DB2 database through a JDBC driver. I have created some searches and dashboards based on dbxquery.

I'm wondering whether the search, or dashboards based on dbxquery, has consumed the license usage. As huge rows may be returned from DB2 tables in customer's environment, I'm concerned whether or not the search will trigger the additional charges we didn't expect.

MousumiChowdhur
Contributor

Hi @hyzhang6639 ,

The dbxquery doesn't count against the license consumption. I have also used dbxquery many times for analysis and to create panels but didn't find any license consumption record for the same. This command just executes the SQL statements and stored procedures within Splunk searches and dashboards.

Thank you!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...