All Apps and Add-ons

When choosing "Splunk Add-on for MySQL" in my list of apps, why does it redirect me to Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux: Setup?

tcary99

When I choose the "Splunk Add-on for MySQL" in my list of apps, it always brings me to the Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux: Setup screen. We don't even have that app.

DB Connect App has been set up and works. I have also enabled the MySQL inputs. Additionally I have also re-installed the MySQL App. The logs, even in debug mode show the app start and immediately stop, but with no reason.

Any ideas of where I can go from here?

Splunk Enterprise 6.3.

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

looks like the "Splunk Add-on for MySQL" app is not supposed to have an UI, and has no navigation bar.

So when you make it visible, it does not know which nav bar to use, and pick the one from another app that happens to be be global (unix app).

workaround : create a navigation menu in the app
- on disk go to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/MY_SUPER_APP/local/data/ui/nav, and create a default.xml from another app template
- or on the UI go to the app manager > user interface > navigation bar > new and copy paste default.xml from another app
-restart splunk and test
- then start to tweak the nav bar to your needs.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...