All Apps and Add-ons

When I open an add-on in Splunk Web, why am I getting redirected to a different add-on page?

ecaepp
Explorer

Morning,

I am having an issue in Splunk web console.

Every time I try to open an Add-on, I get redirected to a different Add-ons page, most notably is *nix Add-on.

I can disable the Add-on to eventually get to the one I am trying to open, but this is really inconvenient.

Has anyone else experienced or have a solution to this issue?

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

rpille_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The add-ons that you are trying to access may not have any views (dashboards, custom configuration screens, etc) in Splunk Web. If you make an add-on "visible" in Splunk Web, but the add-on doesn't have any views to show, then this can happen.

In the screenshot above, it looks like you are trying to get to the Splunk Add-on for Nessus. The Splunk Add-on for Nessus doesn't have any views. You can set up this add-on by going to Apps > Manage Apps and then clicking on Set up in the row for Splunk Add-on for Nessus. You can get to the inputs by going to Settings > Data inputs, then clicking on Splunk Add-on for Nessus. No custom views are required for either action.

To turn off visibility for an add-on, go to Apps > Manage Apps, then click on Edit Properties in the row for that add-on. Change Visibility from Yes to No.

View solution in original post

rpille_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The add-ons that you are trying to access may not have any views (dashboards, custom configuration screens, etc) in Splunk Web. If you make an add-on "visible" in Splunk Web, but the add-on doesn't have any views to show, then this can happen.

In the screenshot above, it looks like you are trying to get to the Splunk Add-on for Nessus. The Splunk Add-on for Nessus doesn't have any views. You can set up this add-on by going to Apps > Manage Apps and then clicking on Set up in the row for Splunk Add-on for Nessus. You can get to the inputs by going to Settings > Data inputs, then clicking on Splunk Add-on for Nessus. No custom views are required for either action.

To turn off visibility for an add-on, go to Apps > Manage Apps, then click on Edit Properties in the row for that add-on. Change Visibility from Yes to No.

ecaepp
Explorer

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...