All Apps and Add-ons

What type of credentials are required to connect to XtremIO arrays from the EMC XtremIO Add-on for Splunk Enterprise?

pcombs001
Explorer

I am testing the EMC XtremIO Add-on for Splunk Enterprise and are running into an issue when I try to setup an array to be monitored.

This is a single instance Splunk box on version 6.5 on RHEL OS.

The setup page asks for credentials to login to the array but I am not sure what type of credentials or permissions this account needs. I have tried an SSH account and an account registered in the GUI of the Array management tool.

In both cases, I receive the following error when we try to save the configuration:

Encountered the following error while trying to update: Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/TA-EMC-XtremIO/xtremiocustom/xtremioendpoint/setupentity

I have confirmed that the SSH account is able to connect to the XIO array from the OS of the Splunk server.

I have searched for answers on this topic and I see several people have received similar error messages from different apps but the solutions do not seem to apply here. We confirmed that the app.conf file has the configured setting as true and since we are able to connect from the OS, I am not thinking there is a firewall issue.

If anyone has successfully configured this add on, I would like to know what type of account was used.

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
1 Solution

pcombs001
Explorer

We deleted the entire local folder inside the add on and performed the setup again using credentials created in the GUI of the XIO array and it worked..

It seems if incorrect credentials are entered at the beginning, it breaks the setup process.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pcombs001
Explorer

We deleted the entire local folder inside the add on and performed the setup again using credentials created in the GUI of the XIO array and it worked..

It seems if incorrect credentials are entered at the beginning, it breaks the setup process.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...