All Apps and Add-ons

What ports need to be open to connect the Splunk Add-on for Cisco UCS to our Cisco UCS Manager with a firewall between them?

tleveillevd
Engager

We are trying to allow the Splunk Add-on for Cisco UCS to connect to our UCS manager, but we are not sure which protocol is used and we have a firewall between them.

So far, all we get are ERROR Response not ready in /opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/ta_cisco_ucs.log

Thanks
Thomas

0 Karma

wahmad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Splunk Add-on for Cisco UCS collects data and interacts with UCS Manager via the UCS XML API which is web-based (HTTP or HTTPS). Therefore, any firewall between Splunk and UCS Manager should be configured to allow all web traffic over the standard HTTP(TCP/80) or HTTPS(TCP/443) or any custom ports if configured (check with your UCS admin).

Can you confirm if the UCS API for your UCS manager is configured with a custom port other than the defaults (TCP/80 or TCP/443) ?

tleveillevd
Engager

Our Cisco UCS manager was using the defaults ports. We managed to connect to it by opening the HTTPS traffic between these hosts.

Thanks
Thomas

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...