All Apps and Add-ons

What is the reason that NPE crash has occurred in Splunk?

kimwz

I use Splunk error reporting system in android.

Today I suddenly encountered the following crash report. I don't know why this crash occurred.

Please let me know if you know reason of this crash

thanks in advance.

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String org.json.JSONObject.toString()' on a null object reference
    at com.splunk.mint.RemoteSettings.com.splunk.mint.RemoteSettingsData convertJsonToRemoteSettings(java.lang.String)(SourceFile:38)
    at com.splunk.mint.ActionEvent.void send(android.content.Context,com.splunk.mint.NetSender,boolean)(SourceFile:111)
    at com.splunk.mint.Mint$2.void run()(SourceFile:183)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

this is the full error log reported.

0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This issue was a temporary issue resolved in September 2015. For the latest SDK releases for iOS and Android, see SDK docs.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...