All Apps and Add-ons

What is the process to upload to Splunkbase once an add-on is developed?

EDCIntelli
Explorer

Hi,

Once the add-on is developed, can we upload it to Splunkbase right away or is there any process it has to pass?

I understand the certification is not mandatory but is there any other process?

0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

After you submit your app or add-on, it undergoes review from the Splunkbase team before it is approved. See Submit content to Splunkbase with the web UI and the Splunkbase file standards reference table.

Certification is different. You can also read About app certification and the App certification criteria if you are interested in that.

View solution in original post

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

After you submit your app or add-on, it undergoes review from the Splunkbase team before it is approved. See Submit content to Splunkbase with the web UI and the Splunkbase file standards reference table.

Certification is different. You can also read About app certification and the App certification criteria if you are interested in that.

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The application certification program will end at the end of August 2018, it will be replaced by the app inspect badge and fully automated...

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for pointing that out, I was just coming back to add a note about it!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...