All Apps and Add-ons

What is the process to downgrade the NMON Performance Monitor for Unix and Linux Systems app from 1.6.13 to 1.6.12?

jasonmurray

I just upgraded to 1.6.13.

The nmon data for various panels has changed from line to scatter graphs. I'd like to downgrade back to 1.6.12 ( I'll put in another ticket about the scatter graph issue )

Version of the Nmon core application deployed - 1.6.13
Versions of addon packages (TA-nmon and PA-nmon) deployed, if any - None
Versions of Splunk in use - 6.3.0
Brief description of your deployment: One server running all services
Type of Operating Systems - AIX and Linux
Mention any local configuration in use within your deployment - running scp command to gather the nmon files and monitoring the repository directory for new files.

0 Karma
1 Solution

guilmxm
Influencer

Hello Jason,

Sorry for late answering, i haven't been notified of your question.

nmon data for panels has not been modified from default line chart to scatter charts, could you tell more about your issue ?

If you see gaps in charts, which means having line chart with points instead of complete lines, then you probably need to have a custom version of the "inline_customspan" macro, see:

http://nmonsplunk.wikidot.com/documentation:userguide:configure:coreapp:customspan

If you are using a non default interval value in your nmon data generation (like 5 minutes between measures for example), you will have gaps in charts.

If still you to want to downgrade, you can proceed exactly the same way you upgrade, just extract the V1.6.12 and restart Splunk.
(potentially, you can clean the existing application before extraction, backing up any custom configuration you would have before cleaning)

--> I will update the Wiki with a full documented downgrade procedure.

Don't hesitate to contact me by mail if you need more information or support.

Guilhem

View solution in original post

0 Karma

guilmxm
Influencer

Hello Jason,

Sorry for late answering, i haven't been notified of your question.

nmon data for panels has not been modified from default line chart to scatter charts, could you tell more about your issue ?

If you see gaps in charts, which means having line chart with points instead of complete lines, then you probably need to have a custom version of the "inline_customspan" macro, see:

http://nmonsplunk.wikidot.com/documentation:userguide:configure:coreapp:customspan

If you are using a non default interval value in your nmon data generation (like 5 minutes between measures for example), you will have gaps in charts.

If still you to want to downgrade, you can proceed exactly the same way you upgrade, just extract the V1.6.12 and restart Splunk.
(potentially, you can clean the existing application before extraction, backing up any custom configuration you would have before cleaning)

--> I will update the Wiki with a full documented downgrade procedure.

Don't hesitate to contact me by mail if you need more information or support.

Guilhem

0 Karma

jasonmurray

Hi Guilhem,

The gaps are from the 5 min intervals. I'll check out the link for customspan.

In the downgrade procedure document, if you could mention the location of the previous version of the code repository. I used the automated upgrade method within the app. This left me without the previous code to downgrade to.

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...