All Apps and Add-ons

What is the most preferred place to install DB Connect app ? Search Head or Heavy Forwarder ?

damode
Motivator

I am installing MS SQL Server Add-on. In the instructions, it mentions to install the DB Connect app on a Search head or Heavy Forwarder.
But I wish to know from least performance impacting perspective, which would be the best place to install ?
I am only interested in gathering the trace and audit logs, for which DB Connect app is required.

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

To use Splunk DB Connect in a distributed search environment, including search head clusters, you must determine the planned use cases. For ad hoc, interactive usage of database connections by live users, install the app on search head(s). For scheduled indexing from databases and output of data to databases, install the app on heavy forwarder(s).

For more info you can refer below link:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.1.2/DeployDBX/Architectureandperformanceconsiderations#Di...

let me know if this helps!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...