All Apps and Add-ons

What is the difference between 'Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring' and the 'Splunk App for AWS'

seancruikshanki
Explorer

So i'm currently working with the Splunk App for AWS and come across this article by Splunk.

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/products/splunk-insights/aws-cloud-monitoring.html

It offers AWS cloud monitoring for a minimum of $4 a month but seems to reference the Splunk App for AWS which so far has incurred no costs.

My question therefore is, is there a difference between the Splunk App for AWS and the Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring and if so, what are those differences ?

1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

They are fundamentally the same software. It depends on the delivery mechanism. Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring is the Amazon Machine Image available from the AWS Marketplace. The Splunk App for AWS is the default app in Splunk Light, either on-premises or in Splunk Light Cloud.

View solution in original post

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

They are fundamentally the same software. It depends on the delivery mechanism. Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring is the Amazon Machine Image available from the AWS Marketplace. The Splunk App for AWS is the default app in Splunk Light, either on-premises or in Splunk Light Cloud.

lfedak_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @seancruikshankidelta, A product expert might have additional info for you about specific differences, but it looks like the Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring is aimed at AWS customers who don't have a Splunk environment already and offers dashboards and solutions 'in a box' that make it really easy to monitor migrations to AWS using Splunk.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...