All Apps and Add-ons

What is the difference between AWS AMIs 'Splunk Enterprise' and 'Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring'

dkolev
Engager

Hi,
I see there are two flavors of Splunk AWS AMI on the marketplace:
Splunk Enterprise
and
Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring

What is the difference if any?
Which one I should use to ingest and visualize the S3 Logs / CloudTrail on my AWS VPC environment?

Thanks,

0 Karma
1 Solution

nkwong_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring is an AMI running Splunk Light and is pre-packaged with the Splunk App for AWS and the Splunk Add-On for Amazon Web Services. The Splunk Enterprise AMI is only running the Splunk Enterprise software without any apps or add-ons pre-packaged.

If your daily indexing volume is less then 20GB/day, you can start with the Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring to monitor your S3 logs/CloudTrail/etc. If your daily indexing volume will be above 20GB/day, you can either upgrade your Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring instance to a Splunk Enterprise license or you can start with the Splunk Enterprise AMI and install the Splunk App for AWS and the Splunk Add-On for Amazon Web Services.

Here is a platform comparison between Splunk Light, Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Cloud, etc.
https://www.splunk.com/en_us/software/features-comparison-chart.html

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nkwong_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring is an AMI running Splunk Light and is pre-packaged with the Splunk App for AWS and the Splunk Add-On for Amazon Web Services. The Splunk Enterprise AMI is only running the Splunk Enterprise software without any apps or add-ons pre-packaged.

If your daily indexing volume is less then 20GB/day, you can start with the Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring to monitor your S3 logs/CloudTrail/etc. If your daily indexing volume will be above 20GB/day, you can either upgrade your Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring instance to a Splunk Enterprise license or you can start with the Splunk Enterprise AMI and install the Splunk App for AWS and the Splunk Add-On for Amazon Web Services.

Here is a platform comparison between Splunk Light, Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Cloud, etc.
https://www.splunk.com/en_us/software/features-comparison-chart.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...