All Apps and Add-ons

What is Best Practice for streamed apply of MLTK models after removal of streaming_apply?

ljvc
Explorer

Hello Splunk Community!

In MLTK version 5.3.1, the streaming_apply feature was removed due to bundle replication performance issues. However, I am currently facing a problem where executing a continuously updated model in a distributed fashion across all available search peers in our Splunk Enterprise setup would be highly beneficial.

As information on this former functionality appears sparse, I wanted to inquire regarding best way to handle automatically replicating the trained model to the search peers and executing it there, if it is at all still possible.

A previous question asked here (How to export/import/share ML models between Splunk instances and external system? ) hinted at manually copying the model files into the target lookup folder as an alternative to using streaming_apply. With daily updates to the model, this is sadly not an option in our deployment.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

LJ

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...