All Apps and Add-ons

What does the "cancelled" attribute donate when capturing TCP flows using Stream App?

twigat
Engager

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding the fields returned by Splunk App for Stream. I've configured a number of TCP flow monitors and I see some flows have a "cancelled" attribute.

I couldn't find any documentation about what this field's purpose is, could this be that an RST was sent instead of a FIN|FIN/ACK for a TCP flow? Any other definitions I'm not considering?

0 Karma
1 Solution

vshcherbakov_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

You're correct - "cancelled" means that the flow was terminated with an RST.

As for where to get the documentation - if you go to the Configuration -> Configure Streams page inside the App for Stream UI and click on a stream, you'll see a list of fields you can enable/disable/etc. Each field there has a description column that provides some info about the field.

View solution in original post

vshcherbakov_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

You're correct - "cancelled" means that the flow was terminated with an RST.

As for where to get the documentation - if you go to the Configuration -> Configure Streams page inside the App for Stream UI and click on a stream, you'll see a list of fields you can enable/disable/etc. Each field there has a description column that provides some info about the field.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...