All Apps and Add-ons

What does "notracking@example.com" mean in Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services?

ssanplunk
Path Finder

Hi, all
I am currently collecting the ThreatIntelligence Workload using the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services.

While reviewing the collected logs, I saw a log that the UserId field is "notracking@example.com", but I do not know what it means.
I want to make sure that "notracking@example.com" is provided by Office 365, or information generated by add-on.

The RecordType for that log is 41.

Office 365 Management Schema documents do not provide this information.

{ [-]
AppName: Mail

AppVersion: 0.0.0000

CreationTime: 2019-01-28T22:37:20

Id: #blind#

Operation: TIUrlClickData
OrganizationId: #blind#
RecordType: 41
SourceId: #blind#

SourceWorkload: Mailflow

TimeOfClick: 2019-01-28T22:34:40

Url: http://abcde.com/?61o1EX=IGCQlSQRYNiGBrD0ALmQHT3LUw

UrlClickAction: 2

UserId: notracking@example.com

UserIp: 10.10.10.10

UserKey: ThreatIntel

UserType: 4

Version: 1

Workload: ThreatIntelligence
}

Thank you.

0 Karma
1 Solution

mayurr98
Super Champion

Hi

I have used this add-on as far as I know UserId is not created by this add-on. It is created by O365 management activity schema.
and it means

The UPN (User Principal Name) of the user who performed the action (specified in the Operation property) that resulted in the record being logged; for example, my_name@my_domain_name. Note that records for activity performed by system accounts (such as SHAREPOINT\system or NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) are also included.
have a look at this doc for more info:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office-365-management-api/office-365-management-activity-api...

let me know if this helps!

View solution in original post

mayurr98
Super Champion

Hi

I have used this add-on as far as I know UserId is not created by this add-on. It is created by O365 management activity schema.
and it means

The UPN (User Principal Name) of the user who performed the action (specified in the Operation property) that resulted in the record being logged; for example, my_name@my_domain_name. Note that records for activity performed by system accounts (such as SHAREPOINT\system or NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) are also included.
have a look at this doc for more info:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office-365-management-api/office-365-management-activity-api...

let me know if this helps!

ssanplunk
Path Finder

Hi,

Thank you for your help.
I checked more information in doc!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...