All Apps and Add-ons

What are other Splunk Dashboards EventHandlers options?

robertobesicksa

Splunk Dashboards app should publish a list of EventHandlers options available for JSON new format.

"eventHandlers": [
{
"type": "drilldown.customUrl",
"options": {
"url": "",
"newTab": true
}
}
]
}

Where are the other options but url and newTab? Splunk Team should publish a list of eventHandlers options that are available. Surely, there should be many other options but where are they listed?

Ex:

"eventHandlers": [
{
"type": "drilldown.customUrl",
"options": {
"url": "",
"newTab": true
}
}
]
}

Labels (1)
0 Karma

atammana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @robertobesicksapura , thanks for the callout. At this time, drilldown to custom URL is the only event handler supported during the beta; you can look for more coming in the future, especially as we ramp up token support! Feel free to add the ones that are highest priority to you to Splunk Ideas for the Dashboards Beta: https://ideas.splunk.com/?category=6792455601636302647

curtismcginity
Explorer

Have this same need. Has there been any progress along these lines, e.g. with tokens?

0 Karma

michaelmattes
Engager

did this ever go anywhere?  i'm hoping to convert my older dashboards but cannot find reference on how to do so.  beyond the eventhandlers reference here, how do I replicate input activity that i set with <change><condition> blocks?

mmacdonald_sm
Observer

I had the same question about trying to replicate a "done" handler to set a token, as explained in this post:

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/How-to-calculate-percentage-based-on-2-different-searc...

As it currently stands, this doesn't appear to be possible in the new dashboards.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...