All Apps and Add-ons

Website Monitoring: Why does monitoring seem slow and getting a lot of "INFO Previous run was too far in the past" messages in the logs?

rpattison
Explorer

We have added a lot of sites to the tool with all of them set to be checked every minute. It's taking up to 10 mins between runs and we are getting a lot of these messages in the logs:

INFO Previous run was too far in the past (gap=710.1399998664856) and thus some executions of the input have been missed

What can we do to speed it up?

0 Karma

rafamss
Contributor

Hi rpattison,

What the time window that you use for each site ? And what the technology do you use ?

0 Karma

rpattison
Explorer

We have about 1/2 the sites set to 1 min and the other 1/2 set to 2 mins.

Not sure what technology your asking about. Can you be more specific?

0 Karma

rafamss
Contributor

hi rpattison,

When I said what technology do you use, I said some thing as a MS Queue, Forwarders or others ways for obtain the log.

RM

0 Karma

rpattison
Explorer

We have the Website monitoring app running on our indexer.

0 Karma

rafamss
Contributor

You have a external website monitoring the indexer of the Splunk, is this ? I say this because in my enterprise we use the S.O.S. Splunk for management and monitor our websites. For your case, I not know what to do. Sorry!

RM

0 Karma

vsrigane
Explorer

@rpattison Hello, I am getting the same issue as well as I increased the number of URLS to be probed.

Were you able to find a solution?

Thanks,
Vishwa

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...