All Apps and Add-ons

Website Monitoring: What is the maximum concurrent URL monitoring with default thread limit of 200?

ashishamalviya1
Explorer

can you share the Maximum concurrent URL monitoring with default thread limit of 200, irrespective of hardware config,
i.e. 200 different URL monitor at the same time.

0 Karma
1 Solution

LukeMurphey
Champion

It depends what you mean. There are several factors that come into play here.

A default thread limit of 200 means that the app can handle 200 URLs at the same instant. Thus, if you has 1000 URLs to monitor and monitored each every 15 seconds then you would most likely be well below the thread limit since this would mean you would have roughly 67 threads running at any one time (1000 URLs / 15 seconds = 67 URLs/sec). I'm assuming that the inputs respond quickly (1 second).

This thread limit can also be changed using the setup page. However, 200 is usually easily high enough.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

It depends what you mean. There are several factors that come into play here.

A default thread limit of 200 means that the app can handle 200 URLs at the same instant. Thus, if you has 1000 URLs to monitor and monitored each every 15 seconds then you would most likely be well below the thread limit since this would mean you would have roughly 67 threads running at any one time (1000 URLs / 15 seconds = 67 URLs/sec). I'm assuming that the inputs respond quickly (1 second).

This thread limit can also be changed using the setup page. However, 200 is usually easily high enough.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...