All Apps and Add-ons

Website Monitoring - Proxy Details & General Exception

karthikeyan_raj

Hi,

We have installed Website Monitoring App on Splunk and there are few URLs which uses a proxy. The DNS for this proxy has an underscore in it "_" (internet_p**) and the App doesn't allow me to save the configurations.

I end up getting an error as below.

**"Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'localapps': Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/website_monitoring/admin/website_monitoring/default"

We have been using the IP address instead of DNS for proxy (with appropriate authentication details ) where I am able to save the configurations unlike above however end up getting a different error on Splunkd logs.

raise ServerNotFoundError("Unable to find the server at %s" % conn.host)
ServerNotFoundError: Unable to find the server at www.direct.
*.co.uk

Is this something you can help us with ?

Thanks,
Karthik

Tags (1)
0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

This was fixed in version 1.1.1 of the Website Monitoring; upgrading should fix the problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...