All Apps and Add-ons

Website Monitoring Application - Inputs do not replicate on search head cluster

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This post is a question targeted towards the app developer more than a general question..

The website monitoring app is a great application, I'm just wondering if the documentation could be updated to advise that while the "Create Inputs" page will create an input on a search head cluster it ideally should not be used (or even better if you could make it invisible on a search head cluster as this kind of input should not be created on individual search heads in the cluster).

Ideally the "data inputs" panel should be hidden on a search head cluster as this page within the application actually creates a local inputs.conf which is then not replicated among search head cluster members.

I believe the documentation could simply state that the inputs is expected to run on a standalone search head or heavy forwarder while the application itself can be used on a search head cluster (excluding the Create Inputs page).

I've edited my local version to change the navigation bar but I'm hoping the author sees this and can either update the documentation or application...

Thanks!

1 Solution

LukeMurphey
Champion

I will fix this in the next version of the app. My plan is to have the UI handle this since I think that is likely preferable.

For reference, here is the ticket: https://lukemurphey.net/issues/2157

View solution in original post

LukeMurphey
Champion

I will fix this in the next version of the app. My plan is to have the UI handle this since I think that is likely preferable.

For reference, here is the ticket: https://lukemurphey.net/issues/2157

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...