All Apps and Add-ons

Website Monitoring App with Splunk 6.0 (username and password in header?)

jdulya

The website I would like to monitor runs behind our SSO. I would like to be able to insert a username and password into the header in order to gain access to the site for monitoring. Is this something which may come in a future version or can it be done now?

Thank you,

Jim

Tags (1)
0 Karma

westonfraser
Engager

Being able to monitor a site that requires authentication would be extremely useful for this application.

LukeMurphey
Champion

It depends on what you mean by "header". Note that the app does support an HTTP proxy; just open the setup screen and configure it.

However, I suspect that you are referring to an authentication page in the app that you want to monitor (basically, needing the app to login to a website first). Could you clarify if that is what you are looking for? I might add that if I can get the feature request clarified.

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You would be able to do it using a modular input. Write the modular input that takes username/password in the settings, and then program it to make an authenticated query.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.0/AdvancedDev/ModInputsIntro

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...