All Apps and Add-ons

Webhook Alerts for Hangouts Chat addon bug with formatting carriage return

david_poulin

Hi,

recently the app "Webhook Alerts for Hangouts Chat" was added to our cloud instance by Splunk. The alert action to send message to a google channel seem to use "simple message text" format from google documentation.

Some formatting option like bold, italic and so on work well, but seem that the carriage return is not well intrepreted or converted or stripped for some reason...

i try 

\n

\\n

and the result in the chanel that we see the \n directly...without conversion....

Could someone help me on that please

@resmungo you are indicated as the author of this add-on, could you help us on that ?

Thand

Labels (2)
0 Karma

david_poulin

When i test it and use the documentation of google : https://developers.google.com/chat/reference/message-formats/basic

The other formatting and the link worked perfectly....but for some strange reason the \n didn't work...

While you were developping, could it may possible the escape caractere is double-escaped in the code that send the message ?

Otherwise i will try to search on google side

0 Karma

resmungo
Explorer

Since we just pass the text directly as the message component I'm not sure how to address this. If there are any suggestions I'd be happy to give it a shot.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...