All Apps and Add-ons

Web Analytics Site Override

seanp
Path Finder

I am planning on using the Splunk App for Web Analytics to provide information from a multiple webservers with multiple sites. When I exam the logs, it records each the sitename as W3SVC1, for example. In the app, configuring the site (Setup - Websites) using the site as W3SVC1 it works properly. However if I change the Site to the URL mysite.contoso.com, I get the a Reason:

Site in logs and in lookup mismatch. This might be ok if you want to override the default site name in the logs.

Yes, I would like to override this so it makes more sense to end users, instead of multiple W3SVC1 listed. If I move forward with the URL, I can run Generate user sessions, but if I run Generate pages, it returns 0 results. Using W3SVC1 Generate user sessions and Generate pages works properly.

Is there a way to override the Site in step 2 of Setup - Websites for the website configuration?

I am using IIS logs and I did read that I can make one site log and then it will display this, but ideally I would rather have each site have its own logs. Alternatively, if someone knows of another web analytics app, I would be interested.

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...