All Apps and Add-ons

VMWARE APP for ver 3.x - Which SDK do I need to download or enable

hectorana

I downloaded, installed, and configured the Vmware app for splunk ver 3.x on my current splunk 4.1.4 server.

IN the vmware.conf file the settings for the endpoint is https://myserver/sdk. I dont believe I have the sdk endpoint running\enabled\installed and I am not sure how to get it installed on virtual center. Does any have ideas on how to configure my VC in order to allow the vmware app java program to connect to the VC.

0 Karma

gregsternyc

Simon, any update on a release date for Splunk for VMware app? Thanks, Greg

0 Karma

Simon_Shelston
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi there -

The app you are referring to can and will work on Splunk 4.x but it is not recommended or supported. Splunk will be announcing a new Splunk for VMware app shortly that has been completely rewritten for scale and Splunk 4.x.

With regards to the referenced SDK, it ships and is enabled automatically with vCenter. You'll need to contact VMware if thats not the case. To test if its there, you should be able to just point your browser to the referenced URL.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your interest in the app. Stay tuned!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...