All Apps and Add-ons

V 2.0 With this app having an integration with Eventhubs whats the Overlap and gaps between the Azure Monitor App ?

Esky73
Builder

Does this pull the same metrics from Event hubs as Azure_monitor ?

Activity log, ?
Diagnostic ?
Metrics, ?

thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, this add-on pulls in the same Event Hub data (Activity Log and Diagnostic Logs) as the Azure Monitor add-on. The setup experience in the MS Azure Add-on for Splunk is simplified as well - all you need is the Event Hub connection string and the name of the Event Hub you want to query. You don't need a key vault or service principal.

Also, this add-on collects metrics from the same place the Azure Monitor add-on uses ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/metrics-supported ).

View solution in original post

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, this add-on pulls in the same Event Hub data (Activity Log and Diagnostic Logs) as the Azure Monitor add-on. The setup experience in the MS Azure Add-on for Splunk is simplified as well - all you need is the Event Hub connection string and the name of the Event Hub you want to query. You don't need a key vault or service principal.

Also, this add-on collects metrics from the same place the Azure Monitor add-on uses ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/metrics-supported ).

Esky73
Builder

Thanks Jason

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...