All Apps and Add-ons

Using Splunk MINT on an Android Library Project shared by multiple apps

leocadiotinetsi

I'm creating an SDK that will be included on several apps which I don't have control of. My clients will download the SDK and include on their own Android apps.

The scenario:
- I'd like to add MINT to my library project, but I don't want MINT to collect data from my clients' apps
- Also, I don't want their crash logs to appear on my dashboard, only my crashes
- Their apps will have different applicationIds (as expected), but I want the data recorded by MINT to appear consolidated on my dashboard

Is that possible? Is MINT able to gather and collect data from different applicationIds and consolidate them?
If I disable crash monitoring and network monitoring (and make the logs manually), will MINT be able to aggregate the data?

0 Karma
1 Solution

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you add MINT to your library project and the MINT SDK is always initialized with the same app key (regardless of the app into which it is placed) library crashes across multiple apps will be reported to the single app key. Crashes will be consolidated on your dashboard.

If a client also integrates MINT SDK into their project - only the first MINT initialized will report. Only one instance of MINT SDK per app is supported.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you add MINT to your library project and the MINT SDK is always initialized with the same app key (regardless of the app into which it is placed) library crashes across multiple apps will be reported to the single app key. Crashes will be consolidated on your dashboard.

If a client also integrates MINT SDK into their project - only the first MINT initialized will report. Only one instance of MINT SDK per app is supported.

0 Karma

leocadiotinetsi

Thanks for the info! The fact that only one instance of MINT SDK can run per app is a deal breaker to me.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...