All Apps and Add-ons

User permissions:Why are ldapfilter, ldapgroups, ldapfetch not working with non-default stanza?

schose
Builder

Hi forum,

I'm trying to setup sa-ldapsearch for multiple clients. The whole idea is that a client is not allowed to use lookups of another client while using the same searchhead. I tried to copy SA-ldapsearch and rename the app in app.conf to give application level permissions. Every ldap app has its own ldap.conf, which look like this..

[bwtest.loc]
alternatedomain = BWTEST
basedn = DC=bwtest,DC=loc
binddn = svc-splunk@bwtest.loc
port = 389
server = 192.168.208.10
ssl = 0

command ldapsearch is working fine, but ldapfilter, ldapgroup and ldapfetch is not:

2018-09-11 15:42:57,500, Level=ERROR, Pid=19384, File=configuration.py, Line=407, Missing required value for alternatedomain in ldap/BWTEST.
2018-09-11 15:52:11,294, Level=ERROR, Pid=19892, File=configuration.py, Line=407, Missing required value for alternatedomain in ldap/bwtest.loc.

it looks like configuration.py is not finding the alternatedomain in bwtest.loc stanza. if i configure the settings in the default stanza, it works for me - unfortunately, this does not work for multiple concurrent installations.

any hints? Has anyone installed multiple instances of SA-ldapsearch on a single search head?

Regards,
Andreas

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...