All Apps and Add-ons

Usable space calculation of NetApp filer

d12harshal
Path Finder

Hi Splunkers,
Is it possible to calculate usable capacity or used capacity of filer with Splunk NetApp app.
Does temperature of NetApp controller available through Splunk NetApp?

Thank You in Advance.
Regards,
Harshal

1 Solution

sbrant_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In addition to using ssh or rsh to access the ambient temperature of the filer, you can access the value via snmp. Although that functionality is not currently in the NetApp app, you may want to consider using the Splunk SNMP Modular Input app to access it.

This OID refers to current temp: 1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.21.1.2.1.25

There are others that will give you capacity.

View solution in original post

airborneric

you can use the environment status command in NetApp to give you a temperature reading - although you get ALL the environment variables along with that.....

Would love to have this capability.

0 Karma

sbrant_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In addition to using ssh or rsh to access the ambient temperature of the filer, you can access the value via snmp. Although that functionality is not currently in the NetApp app, you may want to consider using the Splunk SNMP Modular Input app to access it.

This OID refers to current temp: 1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.21.1.2.1.25

There are others that will give you capacity.

halr9000
Motivator

Am definitely a fan of thinking of Splunk as a platform, not a point solution, and the SNMP suggestion fits right in to that theme! I have played a little bit with the SNMP modinput so far and am planning to use it in another storage-related project of mine. Use what works.

And don't be surprised if the next version of the NetApp app contains volume utilization. 🙂

0 Karma

d12harshal
Path Finder

Thank you sbrant, I am also thinking to have SNMP

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Harshal,

The capacity information is not available at this time, though it's often accessible via client OS (for instance, in the VMware App's data store entity view). I don't believe we can get to temperature either, but if you know how to access it in OnTAP we might be able to help.

Jack

halr9000
Motivator

Jack, totally doable. I'm in the API (using Zedi zexplore.jar) and if we query the API method "volume-list-info", it returns volume objects with all sorts of utilization properties.

In other words, it's not in the perf class.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...