All Apps and Add-ons

Uptime Monitoring issue ver 1.2.3

jparct
Explorer

When I create a new input and change the index from default to another index, nothing is logged. If I don't change the index, logging is fine. Is this an issue or should I just use the default index?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

LukeMurphey
Champion

You need to add the index to the list of indexes that are searched by default for this to work. to do this:

1. Open the role that needs to access the index from Splunk' configuration page (Access controls » Roles)
  2. Look for the option for "Indexes searched by default". Ensure that the index with the data is added to "Selected indexes".

View solution in original post

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

You need to add the index to the list of indexes that are searched by default for this to work. to do this:

1. Open the role that needs to access the index from Splunk' configuration page (Access controls » Roles)
  2. Look for the option for "Indexes searched by default". Ensure that the index with the data is added to "Selected indexes".
0 Karma

jparct
Explorer

Brilliant! Thanks a bunch!!

0 Karma

jparct
Explorer

When I search the custom index I can see data, but nothing appears on the Sparkline graph.alt text

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Can you confirm that the data is available in the index by searching it directly (like using the search page to look for "| search index=customindex")?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...