All Apps and Add-ons

Upgrading DB Connect results in "AttributeError" exception

tmontney
Builder

Upgrade from 3.2.0 to 3.3.1

Splunk 8.0.2.1. Had some trouble doing the upgrade, tried uploading from file. Got a message about files being in-use. Disabled the app, upgraded, enabled, multiple restarts.

AttributeError: module 'dbx2' has no attribute 'dbx_logging_formatter'

Restarted Windows, no joy.

Clean install, similar results:

2020-07-08 13:46:17,198 -0500 ERROR __init__:164 - The REST handler module "dbx_rh_proxy" could not be found. Python files must be in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/$MY_APP/bin/
2020-07-08 13:46:17,198 ERROR The REST handler module "dbx_rh_proxy" could not be found. Python files must be in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/$MY_APP/bin/
2020-07-08 13:46:17,198 -0500 ERROR __init__:165 - module 'os' has no attribute 'unsetenv'

Clean install of 3.2.0

07-08-2020 13:52:18.071 -0500 ERROR ModularInputs - Unable to initialize modular input "server" defined in the app "splunk_app_db_connect": Introspecting scheme=server: script running failed (exited with code 2)..

Turns out dbx_settings.conf was missing taskServerPort. Even though it was defined in the web UI, it wasn't in the config file. Manually adding it and restarting Splunk allowed it to start. Then I just had to retype in my identity passwords (otherwise BouncyCastle crypto errors).

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...