All Apps and Add-ons

Upgrade Readiness App: splunkbaseapps.csv for app updates

nishikubom
Engager
Upgrade Readiness App 3.1.0 reports Splunk App for Lookup File Editing 3.6.0 is not compatible with Python 3.

It seems that recently updated Lookup File Editing 3.6.0 information is missing at the line 29 in the  $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/python_upgrade_readiness_app/bin/libs_py3/pura_libs_utils/splunkbaseapps.csv. 
Will Upgrade Readiness App maintainers will update splunkbaseapps.csv and release?
Or simply I can put the entry and skip?

;3.6.0#8.1|8.2|

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@nishikubom - Readiness App is built by Splunk itself, so I'm not sure about its release.

But in general, if you are sure that the App's latest version (that you are using) is python3 compatible you should not worry about it. 

As that was the sole purpose of the Readiness app, to tell you which App is not compatible with the new Splunk version 8.x and python3 at the time when it was initially created.

I hope this helps!!! Karma/upvote would be appreciated!!!

View solution in original post

nishikubom
Engager

@VatsalJagani 
Thanks for reply. 

Because Lookup Editor 3.5.0 has been passed  Python 3 compatibility test on Upgrade Readiness App 3.1.0.
We will report our client that the newer and renamed  Splunk App for Lookup File Editing 3.6.0 from Splunk will be no problem with Python3. 

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@nishikubom - Readiness App is built by Splunk itself, so I'm not sure about its release.

But in general, if you are sure that the App's latest version (that you are using) is python3 compatible you should not worry about it. 

As that was the sole purpose of the Readiness app, to tell you which App is not compatible with the new Splunk version 8.x and python3 at the time when it was initially created.

I hope this helps!!! Karma/upvote would be appreciated!!!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...