All Apps and Add-ons

Upgrade Readiness App Scan HTTP: Is there a way to change the Upgrade Readiness App to scan over HTTP instead?

Jason1
Observer

I'm working with a Splunk install that someone else had setup.  There's a few customizations that have disabled the HTTPS access over 8089.  I'm trying to run the Upgrade Readiness App before upgrading (From Splunk (from version 8.0.1), but would like to run the scan over HTTP without having to revert all the custom settings in Splunk.  Is there a way to change the Upgrade Readiness App to scan over HTTP instead?

Thank You,

Jason

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

@Jason1 Do you want to run this on Splunk on prem or cloud?

0 Karma

Jason1
Observer

Sorry, should have mentioned it, it's on-prem.

0 Karma

Jason1
Observer

The other problem is, if I change (Windows) Splunk\etc\system\local\server.conf to enableSplunkdSSL = true.  the web server returns 500 Internal Server Error, it doesn't matter if the web server (either in web.conf or going through the GUI to toggle HTTP/HTTPS) is configured for HTTP or HTTPS.  

Once enableSplunkdSSL = true is enabled, I can get the REST commands to the 8089 port without a problem, but I can't get into the web GUI to see if it generated the report.  

So if I can get the 500 error resolved or have Upgrade Readiness to scan HTTP, I can get on with an upgrade.

Thank you, 
Jason

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...