All Apps and Add-ons

Updated Splunk Visio Stencil or Deployment Icons

Drainy
Champion

Hey hey,

Is there going to be an updated Visio Stencil made available or a package of icons helpful for planning a deployment released?
The one hosted at http://wiki.splunk.com/Community:Splunk_Visio_Stencil is a bit out of date now and since v5 is also missing some key new server types.
This would be incredibly helpful if it was available, if there is one hanging around that someone could perhaps email to me that would also be great 🙂

Tags (3)
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Updated icon sets now available in Visio 2010, Visio 2002, and Omnigraffle, plus an icon style guide!

View solution in original post

jaxjohnny
Path Finder

Great! Thank you Chris

0 Karma

jaxjohnny
Path Finder

Great! Thank you Chriss

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Updated icon sets now available in Visio 2010, Visio 2002, and Omnigraffle, plus an icon style guide!

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You are correct: there are no special icons for licensing. We've always just used our other server and file icons, along with labels and boxes to indicate specific functions and groups.

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

Not to sound fussy or anything, but there isn't a single icon related to licencing? unless I've missed it.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There is an updated icon set in the works; we should be posting it soon. I will update this answer when it is available.

Drainy
Champion

Just to follow on from this, can whoever generates the stencil ensure its compatable with Visio 2003 or produce one that is pretty please? I only have access to 2003 atm!

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

Awesome, thanks Chris!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...