All Apps and Add-ons

Unknown error when trying to restore

dshatto
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I get the following message when trying to restore a saved search in VersionControl For Splunk

/*
Unknown failure, received a non-200 response code of 400 on the url https://localhost:8089/services/splunkversioncontrol_rest_restore, reason Bad Request, text result is

<msg type="WARN">An exception was thrown while dispatching the python script handler.

*/

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe we are also chatting via email? Happy to discuss on answers or email, for now I'll post on both 🙂

In $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/

There should be a:
splunkversioncontrol_rest_restore.log

Which should hopefully provide some hints if there is no log we can try:
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk cmd python $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/SplunkVersionControl/bin/splunkversioncontrol_rest_restore.py

The above would just to be sure there are no syntax errors appearing in the file.

Finally if you have logs but they are not providing any hints would you mind editing:
$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/SplunkVersionControl/bin/splunkversioncontrol_rest_restore.py

And comment out line 45?

logging.getLogger().setLevel(logging.INFO)

That way you should see debug logs into the file.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...