All Apps and Add-ons

Unable to see inputs and configuration page for Appd Add-on

vikramyadav
Contributor

Hi Guys,

I have installed AppD in my DEV environment from SVN and when I try to open Input and configuration page its shows "loading"
I waited more than an hour but still the same. Below is the error which I get into the DEV environment.

10-27-2020 10:16:19.674 -0500 ERROR AdminManagerExternal - Unexpected error "<class 'splunktaucclib.rest_handler.error.RestError'>" from python handler: "REST Error [500]: Internal Server Error -- Traceback (most recent call last):\n File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_AppDynamics/bin/splunk_ta_appdynamics/aob_py2/splunktaucclib/rest_handler/handler.py", line 117, in wrapper\n for name, data, acl in meth(self, *args, **kwargs):\n File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_AppDynamics/bin/splunk_ta_appdynamics/aob_py2/splunktaucclib/rest_handler/handler.py", line 303, in _format_response\n masked = self.rest_credentials.decrypt_for_get(name, data)\n File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_AppDynamics/bin/splunk_ta_appdynamics/aob_py2/splunktaucclib/rest_handler/credentials.py", line 188, in decrypt_for_get\n clear_password = self._get(name)\n File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_AppDynamics/bin/splunk_ta_appdynamics/aob_py2/splunktaucclib/rest_handler/credentials.py", line 393, in _get\n string = mgr.get_password(user=context.username())\n File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_AppDynamics/bin/splunk_ta_appdynamics/aob_py2/solnlib/utils.py", line 159, in wrapper\n return func(*args, **kwargs)\n File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_AppDynamics/bin/splunk_ta_appdynamics/aob_py2/solnlib/credentials.py", line 118, in get_password\n all_passwords = self._get_all_passwords()\n File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_AppDynamics/bin/splunk_ta_appdynamics/aob_py2/solnlib/utils.py", line 159, in wrapper\n return func(*args, **kwargs)\n File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_AppDynamics/bin/splunk_ta_appdynamics/aob_py2/solnlib/credentials.py", line 272, in _get_all_passwords\n clear_password += field_clear[index]\nTypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects\n". See splunkd.log for more details.

Also screenshot,

vikramyadav_0-1603812571245.png

If I'm installing directly I don't see any errors I'm not sure what is the issue I tried multiple ways but no luck.

Labels (3)

nwuest
Path Finder

Hi @vikramyadav,

Fixing my previous tail command, it should be this one for Linux.

LINUX:
If you don't have the "watch" command you can always tail the /opt/splunkforwarder/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log for the applicable app.
# tail -f /opt/splunkforwarder/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log | grep "program name"

We hope to hear your progress!

V/R,
nwuest

0 Karma

nwuest
Path Finder

Hi @vikramyadav,

I see you are getting a ""REST Error [500]: Internal Server Error " based on the logs you provided.

Have you tried searching the splunkd.log for any more concise information as to why the app isn't working?

LINUX:
If you don't have the "watch" command you can always tail the /opt/splunkforwarder/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log for the applicable app.
# tail -f /opt/splunkforwarder/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log | grep "TcpOutputProc"

WINDOWS:
If you are currently running on a windows box and have access to powershell you can use the following command to see the output of splunkd.log
(Open powershell in admin mode)
# Get-Content -Path "C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\var\log\splunk\splunkd.log" -Wait
It will chunk through the file until it gets to the end but run this before you access/re-install the app again.

Look forward to hearing from you

V/R,
nwuest

vikramyadav
Contributor

Hi @nwuest 

I have figured out the issue. Some Add-on does not follow the normal deployment process and due to that, we might face a similar issue.

Thanks for your help.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...