All Apps and Add-ons

Unable to install apps on Splunk Cloud- Why is login pop up refreshing page?

bpimentel
Explorer

I tried looking around to see if anyone else has encountered the same issue as me and I couldn't find anything.

On Splunk Cloud when I attempt to install an app from the "Browse More Apps" page it pops up the login for half a second then refreshes the page to a specific keyword search. I have tried in two different browsers and have experienced the same behavior. I am not sure what to do as I need to install apps and can't. Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @bpimentel,

if you're a Splunk Partner or a Splunk Customer, you have the Splunk Support.

Anyway, they don't answer to phone calls, but they answer to emails to support@splunk.com.

Maybe your eMail isn't associated to a contracts, for this ask to the people associated to the contract or to youe Splunk Channel Manager.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

Roy_9
Motivator

@bpimentel This happens with the browse more apps page more often, i would suggest you to clear all browser cache or try it in incognito mode, which will help.

Second option is to login in a different wegpage using your splunk.com credentials and install it from there instead of using browser more apps,i m using splunk cloud and when i face this issue i simply open https://splunkbase.splunk.com/ -->login-->Download-->install

hope this info helps.

0 Karma

bpimentel
Explorer

Thank you for these suggestions, however I have already tried them all with varying failures. Splunk Cloud won't allow me to install from file as it is already present on Splunk base and it directs me to install from there. I have tried several browsers (I only use one so these others were fresh browsers) and experienced the same behavior with the login and install.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @bpimentel,

I usually use Splunk Cloud and i  installed apps from Splunk baseline and from my machine (custom), I never experienced your behaviour, the only thing is that Splunk Cloud every time requests my Splunk account and password, also for custom apps.

Then, after upload, there's a check and, if passed, you can install app, but I never experienced your behaviour.

I hint to open a case to Splunk Support.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

bpimentel
Explorer

Hi gcusello,

I don't have Splunk support so I am unable to open a case. I'll see if I can get help through their support phone numbers.

Thanks!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @bpimentel,

if you're a Splunk Partner or a Splunk Customer, you have the Splunk Support.

Anyway, they don't answer to phone calls, but they answer to emails to support@splunk.com.

Maybe your eMail isn't associated to a contracts, for this ask to the people associated to the contract or to youe Splunk Channel Manager.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

bpimentel
Explorer

Thank you @gcusello !

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @bpimentel,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated by all the Contributors 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...