All Apps and Add-ons

Unable to initialize modular input "checkpoint_opseclea" defined inside the app "Splunk_TA_checkpoint-opseclea": Unable to locate suitable script for introspection.

hatalla
Path Finder

I installed Splunk_TA_checkpoint-opseclea but I am seeing the error on the question line generated on the search peers. Things I did in an attempt to get rid of this error:

• Renamed /Splunk_TA_checkpoint-opseclea/default/inputs.conf to /Splunk_TA_checkpoint-opseclea/default/inputs.conf.org
  • Renamed all .conf.spec files in /Splunk_TA_checkpoint-opseclea/README/ to conf.spec.org

and I am still seeing the error. Not sure what is the cause of this.

Thanks.

Hani

0 Karma
1 Solution

hatalla
Path Finder

Case anyone is inquiring about this issue, it turns out we need to rename/remove ALL .spec files in Splunk_TA_checkpoint-opseclea/README/ and not just inputs.conf.spec So appended a ".org" to these files:

inputs.conf.spec
opseclea_connection.conf.spec
opseclea_inputs.conf.spec
opseclea_settings.conf.spec

View solution in original post

rath

Hey I m facing the same issue and when I am appending a .org to the spec file and restarting splunk another spec file with original name is automatically being created.
Can anybody help on how to disable the spec file permanently.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@rath, This question is two years old with an accepted answer. If the solution does not work for you then you should post a new question.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

hatalla
Path Finder

Case anyone is inquiring about this issue, it turns out we need to rename/remove ALL .spec files in Splunk_TA_checkpoint-opseclea/README/ and not just inputs.conf.spec So appended a ".org" to these files:

inputs.conf.spec
opseclea_connection.conf.spec
opseclea_inputs.conf.spec
opseclea_settings.conf.spec

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...